As the choppy waters of September 2015 move ashore, all eyes will be on Pope Francis’ visit to the United States, jittery stock markets and signs in the heavens.
Francis is expected to enthusiastically endorse a new U.N. document that promises to wipe out poverty by 2030 by reordering the world economy along the lines of socialist principles. The document, titled “Transforming Our World: 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development,” also seeks to “strengthen universal peace” and usher in a new era of shared prosperity.
The pope’s visit marks just one in a series of historic and potentially prophetic events during the month of September.
- The climax of the biblical Sabbath year known as the Shemitah occurs on Sept. 13, along with a partial solar eclipse.
- The largest-ever military exercise, Jade Helm, concludes Sept. 15, while the world’s most ambitious scientific experiment is taking place all month at the CERN Large Hadron Collider near Geneva, Switzerland.
- Congress is supposed to vote on Obama’s Iran nuclear deal by by Sept. 17.
- The 266th pope arrives on Sept. 23, the 266th day of the year, which also happens to be Yom Kippur or the Jewish Day of Atonement, and the beginning of the Muslim holiday of Eid al-Adha, also known as “the Feast of the Sacrifice.”
- Francis will be the first pope to address a joint session of Congress Sept. 24.
- Francis delivers the keynote speech Sept. 25 to the U.N. sustainability summit in New York.
- On Sept. 28, the fourth and last of the “blood moons” takes place on the biblical Feast of Tabernacles. (Click to Article)