This is a Virtual Position from the Comfort of your Home or Office!
The rewards are endless, both here and (especially) in eternity! You can be a part of our growing ministry, ordained by God, by becoming a volunteer board member for Teshuvah Road Ministries Inc! We are a nonprofit Christian ministry entirely devoted to addiction recovery.
We are always looking for people of all different backgrounds to serve on our board and who have a heart to serve and want to make a difference for those in addiction recovery.
Although you will be taking part in all aspects of this recovery ministry, our newest project is Recovery Room 7. You will play an important role in the development of this mission. Please visit our website to see what we’re doing in Recovery Room 7. Also, visit our online recovery site at VictoryRetreatOnline.com to see the background of what we have been doing.
What is Required?
- You need a reliable computer connection.
- You need a reliable phone.
- You need to have the ability to use a (free) video conferencing program one hour. per month from your home or office.
- You need to be a born again believer with a heart for people challenged by addiction, as our program is Bible based.
- You need to make yourself available one hour per month for online board meetings. and to be able to attend 11 of our 12 one hour meetings per year.
- You need to be a team player.
- You need to be responsive to emails, texts & chat.
- You need to realize the awesome value to God and us for your service.
- You need to be able to make decisions and compromise when necessary.
- You need to take part in occasional fundraising efforts that are super easy to promote.
- If you have never served on a board, you need to be willing to spend a little time learning about what is expected and what your position entails. It’s not hard at all.
- You need to understand that your service is by an agreement that lasts one to two years.
- You need to be able to pass a simple criminal background check.
- You will need 2 verifiable letters of reference from people other than your family and friends.
- If you have been challenged by addiction in the past, you’re even more valuable to this ministry; however, you must be sober for at least one year.
- You will need to be willing to promote this ministry to others when opportunity arises. This could be in the form of giving out our ministry’s business cards and/or brochures.
Although this can only be a volunteer position due to our ministry being a registered 501(c)3 nonprofit , you will receive any necessary letters of reference for your service when you are diligent and complete your designated contracted time with us.
There is no outlay of money on your part, except for a temporary and refundable small amount (under $25) for a criminal background check that will be immediately returned to you upon signing your board agreement. This is a good faith deposit that shows that you will sign the board directors agreement and begin serving. It is the final step right before your service with this ministry. If you sign the agreement, it is returned to you in 2 to 3 weeks, depending on the company’s turn around time who is doing the background check. If you change your mind and don’t sign the agreement, or your criminal background check reveals criminal activities that would prevent you from serving, you will forfeit that deposit. We are under obligation, as a nonprofit to vet everyone that takes part in this ministry – paid employee or volunteer.
For more info, please complete the contact form below and we will be in touch with you to arrange for an appointment by phone or video.
Thank you & God bless!