U.S. shoots down second unidentified object, over Alaska: Pentagon official

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby confirmed the shoot down in a press conference

This is a developing story … 

The Pentagon took down an unidentified object Friday over Alaska, a Pentagon official said from the White House.

Pentagon spokesman John Kirby confirmed the shoot down in a press conference. 

A U.S. official said there was “no affirmative indications of military threat,” according to the New York Times.

As of now, officials have said that they can’t confirm whether there was surveillance equipment on the object. 

It has also not been confirmed that the object is a balloon, although that is what is speculated.

A U.S. official noted that the object had been traveling at an altitude that made it a possible threat to civilian aircraft. 

(Source)

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s