By Jim Hoft Published August 31, 2021 at 5:30pm
House Democrats blocked legislation on Tuesday to rescue Americans stranded inside Afghanistan after Joe Biden pulled all US troops from the Taliban-controlled country on Monday.
The legislation would have also funded an accounting of the billions of dollars of military arms Joe Biden and the woke US generals left behind for the Taliban extremists.
Rep. Mike Gallagher (R-WI) today slammed House Democrats for blocking the House from passing his legislation that would have required the Biden Administration to produce a plan to get stranded Americans out of Afghanistan.
Gallagher joined a group of House Republicans in requesting this bill be passed by Unanimous Consent but had his request rejected on the House Floor.
“House Democrats have had not one, but two opportunities to join House Republicans in supporting legislation to hold this administration accountable and do whatever is necessary to save lives. Both times, they declined to join our efforts to do so. This is unacceptable,” said Rep. Gallagher. “American lives are on the line and we have a moral obligation to do everything we can to get them home. Congress cannot sit on the sidelines while hundreds of our fellow citizens have been left behind enemy lines.”
Specifically, Rep. Gallagher’s bill would:
- Demand a plan from the Biden Administration to bring Americans home,
- Request an accounting of all the equipment left behind,
- Require transparency on any deals or agreements made by the Biden Administration with the Taliban,
- Establish a sense of Congress that that Taliban should not be recognized as the government of Afghanistan, and
- Prohibit any federal funding or sanctions relief to the Taliban.