Oct 8, 2018–
Bible verses about fearing God
We have lost the fear of God in the church. Pastors are sending the most people to Hell. These preachers today are the reason for the massive false conversions that are going on in the church today.
No one preachers against sin. No one is convicted anymore. No one talks about reverence for God. No one talks about God’s hatred and judgment.
All we talk about is love love love. He is also holy holy holy! He is a consuming fire and He is not mocked. Do you fear God? Do you fear that you may hurt God by the way you live?
You will be judged by the Lord one day with perfect righteousness. Jesus said many people who claim to be Christian are going to Hell.
No one thinks that they are going to Hell until they wake up in Hell! These one-sided gospel preachers like Joel Osteen will feel God’s great wrath. How can you learn about grace without learning the fear of God and the holy wrath of God? There is no mercy in Hell! Do you fear God?
- “When man’s terror scares you, turn your thoughts to the wrath of God.” William Gurnall
- “If you fear God, you really need fear nothing else.” Zac Poonen
- “The remarkable thing about God is that when you fear God, you fear nothing else, whereas if you do not fear God, you fear everything else.” – Oswald Chambers
- “We fear men so much, because we fear God so little.”
I hear many people say, “I’m a God fearing man”, but it is a lie. It’s cliché!
It just sounds good. Many celebrities say this all the time. God has shut the door on many of them and allows them to believe it. Evidence that you fear God will be seen by the way that you live your life. I went to school with a kid that had a fear God tattoo.
Now that same kid is doing 10 years in prison because he truly didn’t fear God. Some of the consequences that many people go through like addiction, prison, aids, death, unexpected pregnancies, financial troubles, health problems, etc. is because they don’t fear God. If Jesus looked at you right now would He say liar/hypocrite?
1. Deuteronomy 5:29 If only it would really be their desire to fear me and obey all my commandments in the future, so that it may go well with them and their descendants forever.
2. Matthew 15:8 “‘These people honor me with their lips, but their hearts are far from me.
Sometimes God shuts the door on people.
Sometimes God stops warning people and He says, “you want your sin keep it.” He shuts the door on people! He gives them over to their sin. You want your pornography, fornication, drunkenness, weed smoking, stealing, willful lying, willful cursing, homosexuality, clubbing, covetousness, keep it! He shuts the door and gives them over to a reprobate mind.
Why do you think that there are so many militant atheists and people who live like the devil and think that they are Christian? God shuts the door! It’s a terrible thing to know that for some people who read this God is going to shut the door for you on Earth and He is going to give you over to your sin and damn you to Hell.
3. Romans 1:28 Furthermore, just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind, so that they do what ought not to be done.
4. Luke 13:25-27 Once the head of the house gets up and shuts the door, and you begin to stand outside and knock on the door, saying, ‘Lord, open up to us!’ then He will answer and say to you, ‘I do not know where you are from. Then you will begin to say, ‘We ate and drank in Your presence, and You taught in our streets’; and He will say, ‘I tell you, I do not know where you are from; depart from Me, all you evildoers.’
When you fear the Lord you hate evil.
Some of you love your evil. Sin doesn’t bother you. You go to your worldly church on Sunday that never preaches against sin and you live like the devil the rest of the week. God is angry with the wicked. Some of you think that just because He is letting you get away with sin that He doesn’t see you. You are storing up wrath for yourselves. It is the fear of God that doesn’t allow Christians to do these things.
You know what you once were you better not do that. You better not put yourself in a position to sin. The fear of God convicts Christians when we are going in an ungodly direction. The fear of God tells us you better not watch that R rated movie. If you love God you have to hate evil. There is no other way around it. Does your life show that you hate God and love evil? Turn from your sins! He will shut the door! Put your trust in Jesus Christ alone.
5. Psalm 7:11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
6. Proverbs 8:13 To fear the LORD is to hate evil; I hate pride and arrogance, evil behavior and perverse speech.
7. Psalm 97:10 Let those who love the LORD hate evil, for he guards the lives of his faithful ones and delivers them from the hand of the wicked.
8. Job 1:1 In the land of Uz there lived a man whose name was Job. This man was blameless and upright; he feared God and shunned evil.
9. Exodus 20:20 Moses said to the people, “Do not be afraid. God has come to test you, so that the fear of God will be with you to keep you from sinning.”
Be careful when you are discouraged.
Discouragement and unbelief leads to many different sins and becoming weary. Once you stop trusting in the Lord and you start trusting in your thoughts, your situation, and things of the world that will lead to evil. Don’t lean on your own understanding. Trust in the Lord in all situations. When you are down Satan might try to tempt you because you are vulnerable. Scripture says no. Don’t fear your situation. Trust God, fear Him, and reject evil.
10. Proverbs 3:5-7 Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Do not be wise in your own eyes; fear the LORD and shun evil.
Don’t be ashamed of God.
Many times young believers are afraid to be labeled a Jesus freak. Being a Christian will mean unpopularity. Don’t be a people pleaser. Don’t be a friend of the world. If you have a friend that is leading you down the wrong path remove them from your life. You don’t want to go to Hell for others. In Hell you will curse your friends. “Damn you, it’s your fault.” It is ridiculous to fear man over God.
11. Matthew 10:28 Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.
12. Luke 12:4-5 “I tell you, my friends, do not be afraid of those who kill the body and after that can do no more. But I will show you whom you should fear: Fear him who, after your body has been killed, has authority to throw you into hell. Yes, I tell you, fear him.
You need the fear of God when dealing with others.
This will lead to forgiveness and peacefulness instead of anger, grudges, slander, and gossip. Submit yourself to one another and bear each other’s burdens.
13. Ephesians 5:21 Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ.
Live your entire life on Earth in fear.
Are you living in fear of God? One of the biggest areas where we have to fear God is when it comes to sexual immorality and lust. Young men when you see a sensual woman in real life or on your social media accounts do you turn away quickly?
Does your heart pound at the mere temptation of sin? Is the fear of God in you? We all fear our earthly fathers. As a child I never wanted to disappoint my father. If my father told me to do something I did it. Do you give your heavenly Father even greater respect?
Are you lovingly and fearfully putting God first in your life? What is your thought life like? What is your attitude like? What is your worship life like? Anything that God leads you to do whether it is preach, evangelize, blog, encourage, etc. Do it with fear and trembling.
14. 1 Peter 1:17 If you address as Father the One who impartially judges according to each one’s work, conduct yourselves in fear during the time of your stay on earth;
15. 2 Corinthians 7:1 Therefore, having these promises, beloved, let us cleanse ourselves from all defilement of flesh and spirit, perfecting holiness in the fear of God.
16. 1 Peter 2:17 Honour all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honour the king.
Philippians 2:12 does not teach that you have to work to keep your salvation.
We must be careful because some Catholics use this verse to teach that salvation is by faith and works and that you can lose your salvation. We know that is not true. Salvation is by grace through faith in Christ alone and Scripture teaches that salvation cannot be lost.
It is God that grants us repentance and it is God that changes us. Evidence that God has saved us and is working in us is that we pursue obedience and Christ-likeness in the process of sanctification. We renew our minds daily and we allow the Holy Spirit to lead our lives.
Does this mean sinless perfection? No! Does this mean we won’t struggle with sin? No, but there is a desire to grow and continue our walk and there is a fear of offending our Lord. As believers we die to self. We die to this world.
I love this quote by Leonard Ravenhill. “The greatest miracle that God can do today is to take an unholy man out of an unholy world and make him holy, then put him back into that unholy world and keep him holy in it.”
17. Philippians 2:12 So then, my beloved, just as you have always obeyed, not as in my presence only, but now much more in my absence, work out your salvation with fear and trembling;
Even believers can forget that God does discipline His children out of love.
You should fear His discipline. Some people have been living in a continuous lifestyle of sin and God allows them to live that way without discipline because they are not His.
18. Hebrews 12:6-8 because the Lord disciplines the one he loves, and he chastens everyone he accepts as his son.” Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as his children. For what children are not disciplined by their father? If you are not disciplined—and everyone undergoes discipline—then you are not legitimate, not true sons and daughters at all.
I heard one guy say, “Jesus died for me I’m just trying to get my money’s worth.”
No fear of God and no awe before Him. Many of you think God would never throw me into Hell. I go to church, I read the Word, I listen to Christian music. Many are seeking, but never want to change. All they do is seek. They go to the cross and never get on. There are some people who are going to say, “legalism. You’re talking a works salvation. “
No! I’m talking about evidence of faith in Jesus Christ! Scripture says when you put your trust in Jesus Christ alone for salvation you will be a new creation. You will grow in holiness. People love the verses about grace so much because they think it’s a license to sin, but they forget repentance and regeneration.
19. Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father who is in heaven will enter. Many will say to Me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in Your name, and in Your name cast out demons, and in Your name perform many miracles?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness.’
Do you have a sense of godliness?
Do you tremble at His Word? Are you sorry for your sins against a holy God? Do you cry out to the Lord? When you fear the Lord sin deeply affects you. Sin breaks your heart. You hate it. It was your sin that put Christ on the cross. You know your need for a Savior. You have no self-righteousness because you know your only hope is in Jesus Christ.
20. Isaiah 66:2 Has not my hand made all these things, and so they came into being?” declares the LORD. “These are the ones I look on with favor: those who are humble and contrite in spirit, and who tremble at my word.
21. Psalm 119:119-20 All the wicked of the earth you discard like dross, therefore I love your testimonies. My flesh trembles for fear of you, and I am afraid of your judgments.
Many people think that when they first see Jesus they are going to walk up to Him and give Him a hand shake. When you see Jesus you are going to be almost paralyzed with fear.
22. Revelation 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.
Some of you know what God has been telling you to do.
We need more obedience. There is something that God is telling you to do that only you know just like He told Abraham. There is something that God is telling you right now to stay away from and remove from your life.
You don’t want to be standing before God one day and hear Him say, “I had many things to tell you, but I couldn’t get through to you. I gave you warning after warning, but you couldn’t handle it.”
What choice are you going to make? Sin or God? For some of you this is the last call before He shuts the door!
23. John 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
24. Genesis 22:1-2 Some time later God tested Abraham. He said to him, “Abraham!” “Here I am,” he replied. Then God said, “Take your son, your only son, whom you love—Isaac—and go to the region of Moriah. Sacrifice him there as a burnt offering on a mountain I will show you.”
25. Proverbs 1:29-31 since they hated knowledge and did not choose to fear the LORD. Since they would not accept my advice and spurned my rebuke,they will eat the fruit of their ways and be filled with the fruit of their schemes.
Proverbs 9:10 The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom, and knowledge of the Holy One is understanding.
Cry out for the fear of God! Some of you have been backsliding and you need to repent now. Come back to God. Some of you have been playing Christianity your whole life and you know that you are not right with God. (Click to Source)