Several people have been emailing and messaging me about the apparent closure of the National Solar Observatory in Sunspot, New Mexico, so I thought this would be a good opportunity to address the situation. These sorts of stories come out from time to time and I usually steer clear because they turn out to be unsubstantiated rumors.
This one is not. However, although it is really happening, we would do well not to jump to any conclusions without knowing more. The public is in the dark.
Here is what we know:
- Last Thursday, September 6th, the National Solar Observatory in Sunspot, New Mexico, was evacuated and closed, with the only reason given being “security concerns.”
- The Association of Universities for Research in Astronomy (AURA) claims to have ordered the evacuation.
- The local sheriff’s office in Otero County (in which Sunspot is located) is claiming that the FBI was involved in the sudden closure. Sheriff Benny House was quoted in the local news saying “the FBI is refusing to tell us what’s going on.”
- The observatory entrance is currently marked off with crime scene tape and Sheriff House has further said, “There was a Blackhawk helicopter, a bunch of people around antennas and work crews on towers, but nobody would tell us anything.”
- Multiple reports suggest the local post office was also evacuated.
- There are rumors that other solar observatories and/or webcams have been shutdown, including:
- – AXIS 232D Network Dome Camera located in Sydney Australia
- – Webcams located at SOAR Observatory – The Southern Astrophysical Research Telescope located in Chile
- – BRT Tenerife Telescope Webcam located in Spain
- – Webcam located at Mauna Kea observatory at the University of Hawaii
- – Hilo Webcam from the Canada-France-Hawaii Telescope observatory in Hawaii
- – Webcam at JAT Observatory in Fairless Hills, Pennsylvania
I haven’t yet been able to substantiate the rumor that those other observatories and webcams were closed, but all of the other points above have been confirmed by numerous media reports.
Some of the less conspiratorial explanations include the possibility that Chinese or Russian hackers were using the observatory’s antennae to spy on nearby White Sands Missile Range or that government officials wanted to prevent photography of top secret aircraft or missile testing.
But, again, the public is still in the dark. At this point it’s all just speculation.
We know that there have been an unusually large number of near-earth objects in the past 2–3 weeks and the Revelation 12 “Sign of the Dragon” may be occurring in about three weeks. Could this be related?
There is also speculation that the sun may have launched an unusually powerful solar flare towards the earth, and there is, for whatever reason, some attempt to cover it up. There was in fact news stories a few days ago about a large coronal hole facing the earth and a G2 geomagnetic storm occurred on September 11th, just a few short days ago.
From the prophetic side of things, many of us have wondered what might bring the Church into immediate danger precipitating our miraculous deliverance to Heaven (Rev. 12:5). Might there be a threat to the earth?
If you have any further information, please share below or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Click to Source)