- Putin seeks to gain advantage while US is side-tracked by Nov 8 election
- Russian battleships have been travelling through the Mediterranean
- Tensions between Russia and the West have escalated due to bombings
- Intelligence sources warned of ‘significant humanitarian consequences’
- Syrian rebels opened a new front in Aleppo as fighting spread yesterday
Fears are growing for 275,000 civilians in Aleppo as Vladimir Putin prepares to launch a military attack on the Syrian city this week.
The Russian President is thought to be trying to take advantage of political limbo in the United States where Barack Obama has become a ‘lame duck’ president and the country is consumed by the race for the White House.
With the US election on November 8, a Russian flotilla of battleships, led by the aircraft carrier Admiral Kuznetsov, is making its way through the Mediterranean on its way to attack the war-torn city, and it is believed submarines are going to join them.
Tensions between Russia and the West have escalated due to Moscow’s indiscriminate bombings in Aleppo, where the war rages between rebels and the Putin-backed Bashar al-Assad. (Click to Article)